Group & Charter Sales Coordinator
The APT Travel Group has a long and proud history. From humble beginnings that date back to 1927, the APT Travel Group today 90 years on is a global business with an extensive portfolio of touring and cruising brands. The brands of the APT Travel Group include APT, Travelmarvel, Captain’s Choice and Botanica. As Australia’s largest locally owned tour company and most awarded, it maintains an unparalleled commitment to innovation in defining what travel means, not only in Australia but the world.
This role is responsible for the management of all group allocation bookings, either from trade or direct channels, will deliver outstanding customer experiences, is sales focussed to achieve targets and achieve our companywide ATG strategy. The role will work closely with the Groups Sales Manager, National Sales Team, Product Teams and Yield to ensure Groups (mass passenger movement) objectives are met.
- Proactively sourcing and managing ATG’s Group Travel opportunities
- Preparation and submission of group quotes for APT and Travelmarvel products
- Liaising with Yield and Product teams to hold/manage group seats/cabin allocations
- Construct and execute Group/Charter agreements with customers
- Develop marketing strategies with customer to enable conversion of allocations held
- Preparation of groups flyers and brochures in conjunction with the Creative Department and in line with Service Level Agreements
- Proofing advertisements for the Marketing Department and Inside Sales
- Constant liaising with Customer, Business Development Managers, State Sales Manager and Groups Sales Manager to maximise lead conversions
- Qualification of any additional requirements or upsell opportunities (i.e. transfers/dinners/ flights etc.)
- Actively seek out new group client sales and retention through exceptional customer care
- Full accountability and precise management of individual group status to ensure informed decisions on “release dates” can be determined by Yield department.
- Answering all customer correspondence promptly and accurately
- Attend regular meetings with Yield department to review all allocations held, and identify any products which groups may be able to support or switch sell in to.
- Attend weekly sales updates with each state/territory to provide groups overview
- Preparation of Crew Memos to advise Operations of group
- Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall company strategies.
- Understand power of our ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at to think and act like an owner of the business
- Prior inbound call center customer care/outbound sales experience
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Adequate proficiency in Excel and Word
- Groups or mass passenger movement experience favorable
- Ability to multitask and work to deadlines
- Ability to think outside the square
- High attention to detail
- Confidence to transact and negotiate with all areas of the business and with external customers
To Apply: Please fill out the below questions and attach a copy of your resume & cover letter on the next page.
Applications close 10am Monday 5th June 2017